Discuss the History of Dagworth

A History of Dagworth shares my discoveries from 5 years of research into the story of Dagworth. Although we know a surprising amount about events here over the past 1000 years, there are also plenty of gaps.

Launched to coincide with the new BBC2 history series The Great British Story presented by Michael Wood, this is a forum to share your feedback, insights and ideas on anything related to Dagworth. This includes the hamlet itself, the de Dagworth family, Ralph of Coggeshall’s Chronicon Anglicanum account of the spirit Malekin, the de la Pole family, Thomas Valentine Blomfield, or anything or anyone else connected with Dagworth.

This entry was posted in General. Bookmark the permalink.

34 Responses to Discuss the History of Dagworth

1. Hello
    I have been researching into the cultivation of hops in the Stowmarket area. As you may know Dagworth seems to have been a centre of the cultivation of this crop although it was grown in all of the parishes around Stowmarket. I would like to hear of any references to the crop in Dagworth or anywhere else in the area.

Neil Langridge

Hi Neil,

Thanks for getting in touch. I’ve come across a few references to hops during my research, I hope some of these are of some help:
      * In 1787, 8 acres of hops were grown at Dagworth according to Annals of Agriculture and Other Useful Arts edited by Arthur Young Published by Arthur Young, 1787 p372 http://books.google.co.uk/books?id=I3IqAAAAYAAJ&lpg=PA372
      * In 1841, the Tithe Map shows:
      - William Armstrong with 4 acres of Hop Grounds
      - John Edgar Rust with 17 acres of Hop Grounds and a Malting Yard and building
      - James Jannings with 5 acres of Hop Grounds
      (the first two were also subject to extraordinary charges for growing hops)
      * In 1844, William White’s “History…” lists Dagworth landholders including William Armstrong – Hop Grower; George Grimwood – Maltster; James Jannings – Farmer & Hop Grower
      * In 1846, the Oast House was built at Dagworth – from the inscription inside: “1846. This barn was fixt on this ground”
      * In 1849, 29 acres of hops were grown at Dagworth according to James Jannings of Dagworth, mostly of Marriott variety, recent introduction of the Golding Hop in the Stowmarket area – from “On the Agriculture of Suffolk: Including the Report to which the Prize was Awarded by the Royal Agricultural Society of England” By William Raynbird, Hugh Raynbird, Royal Agricultural Society of England Published by Longman and Co., 1849 p152

Thanks for your interest in Dagworth, I’ll look forward to hearing how your hop research progresses, do please share any Dagworth discoveries.

Best wishes, Jeremy

2. Hello Jeremy
    Thanks for all that information, some of those references are new to me. I hope to write this up and have it published, probably in Suffolk Review , the journal of Suffolk Local History Council. I wonder if it would be possible to have a photo of the oast house?

3. I was in contact with a descendent of the Easlea family who were tenent farmers in Dagworth – he sent me a lot of photos of the family, osme of which were taken at Dagworth.

Neil

• Jeremy says:

I’d love to take a look at these some time if possible please? Does the Stowmarket history group hold regular meetings – if so perhaps at one of those? Easlea is not a name I’ve encountered thus far, so this could be a new line of enquiry for me. Thanks for this pointer, Jeremy

• Hello Jeremy
        The Stowmarket LHG website is offline being redesigned at the moment but I can tell you we meet the third Monday of each month. So the next meeting is next Monday – 7.30pm at the Salvation Army hall in Violet Hill Road. I will sort the photos out and refresh my memory on The Easlea connection.
        My email address is [] for future emails.

4. Andrew says:

I was interested by your linking of the Vision of Thurkill to Dagworth and Stisted in Essex. The manor of Dagworth and Bradwell Juxta Coggeshall (neighbouring to Stisted) was held by the Dagworth family from c1190 to 1381 when Bradwell was taken by force by teh rich London draper John Hende in the middle of the violence of the Peasants’ Revolt. My interest is primarily Bradwell Juxta Coggeshall. This is the Bradwell that is mentioned in Ralph of Coggeshall’s tale of Osbern de Bradwell at Dagworth. If this tale is from the 1190s it marks the first mention of the name Bradwell, about thirty years earlier than the previously recognised earliest mention.

Ralph must have known Osbern personally so it is quite probable that Osbern is mentioned in the Vision. There is another tale, of Green Children from Woolpit, in Ralph that I believe he heard from Osbern.

Hi Andrew,

Thank you so much for getting in touch, I would really value all insights into Bradwell juxta Coggeshall through the whole period that it was held by the Dagworth family: it’s not an avenue I’ve taken time to explore thus far.

The story of John Hende is fascinating. You may already have seen the biography of Nicholas de Dagworth (d.1402) that refers to his sale of the Manor of Bradwell to Thomas Bataill in 1379? The Hende incident perhaps explains why Dagworth was summoned to appear before Parliament in Oct 1382 to give evidence on the title of the Manor. The biography can be found online at http://www.historyofparliamentonline.org/volume/1386-1421/member/dagworth-sir-nicholas-1402

You may have noticed that my History of Dagworth site is still very much a work in progress! I’ve not yet published a lot of my research and the section on the de Dagworths needs expanding and referencing. I found a helpful source in Douglas Richardson’s descent of the de Dagworth family in his “Magna Carta Ancestry”, which is available as a preview on Google Books at http://books.google.co.uk/books?id=8JcbV309c5UC&lpg=RA1-PA22&pg=RA1-PA22#v=onepage&q&f=false

Regarding the dating of Ralph’s Chronicon Anglicanum story of Malekin where Osbern/Osbert is called “Osberni de Bradewelle”, my understanding is that Ralph’s contribution to the Chronicon ended in 1224, but I’ll need to check back to see when the Malekin story is thought to have been written down: my sense is that it must have been after the end of Richard I’s reign in 1199 because the account begins “In the time of King Richard” (“Tempore regis Ricardi”). I don’t understand Latin sufficiently well to know whether the passage that says Malekin “talked about the Scriptures with the chaplain of that same knight, just as he truly testified” means that Ralph had the account from Osbern’s chaplain or from Osbern himself, but certainly it purports to be an eye witness account! I love Ralph’s story of the Green Children, I’d not given any thought to its dating or whether it may have been passed on by Osbern or his chaplain: I shall read it again to see if there are any clues.

On the Vision of Thurkill, my understanding is that Ralph has only been identified as the possible/probable author, and that this has not been proven. Certainly if the Justice in the Vision is supposed to be Osbern, Thurkill and/or the writer didn’t like him very much!

Thanks again for getting in touch, I hope this is of some help and please do pass on anything you discover about the de Dagworths and Bradwell.

Best wishes, Jeremy

5. Judy418 says:

I read with interest your website and the report by Major Patey. Do you know if Major Patey is still alive? I’m in the process of buying Maltings Cottage and would very much like to research as much of its history as possible. As a past occupier of that property he may have more information or photographs.

Hi Judy,

Thanks for getting in touch. I’m afraid Major Patey died some years ago, but I was given some of his papers so I will check to see whether there is anything relevant to Maltings Cottage there. This will take me a little while as we are just moving out of our house in Dagworth, so it’s all change here. Your new neighbours John and Angela at Sorrells House may have some insights for you as they have a long association with the hamlet.

I wish you all the best for your move, Dagworth is a delightful place to live and we will miss it very much.

Best wishes,

Jeremy

Hi Judy,

Sorry for the long delay in looking this out. I hope that you are now fully settled into Maltings and enjoying life at Dagworth.

I have now checked through Major Patey’s history papers, and I have found an envelope addressed to Major Patey at Maltings, postmarked 1969, and labelled “photographs of Maltings Cottage in 1926/7 and during alterations in 1938/9″.It contains 3 photographs of the outside of the house showing alteration work in progress. I will copy these and pass the originals to you at my earliest opportunity (as they belong best with the house).

I have also found some transcribed notes of recollections of people who remember Maltings back to the 1930s, which I will also upload when I can.

In case you are interested, I will be talking about my Dagworth project at the Mendlesham History Group on Wednesday 16 October at 7.30pm in the United Reformed Chucrh, Mendlesham. I understand that visitors are welcome and that the admission charge is £3.

Best wishes, Jeremy

6. Malcolm Blomfield says:

Dear Jeremy,

I would be interested to find the details that you may have that Thomas Blomfield lived at Dagworth Hall and not Dagworth Farm (in Silver St)
    Mowle & Mowle (an Australian Pioneers Genealogy publiction) has him being from Dagworth Farm
    Wikipedia also has him coming from Dagworth Farm
    There is an 1813 advertisement for the sale by Thomas of 113acres of land in Dagworth and this very nearly corresponds to the current size of Dagworth Farm
    We visited the farmer at Dagworth Farm in 2011 and had a very pleasant chat to him – unfortunately his solicitor had lost the deeds to the farm that may have had Thomas as proprietor.
    There is still controversy about Thomas’ parentage and the theory that Mary was his mother requires that Mary’s husband John Stanford would be likely to marry both Mary and Mary’s granddaughter Matilda (Thomas’ daughter) – this seems a most unlikely course of events.
    The christening in 1756 of an illegitimate Thomas Blomfield nearby also does not really agree with our Thomas’ birth date of 1750 established from his gravestone. Waiting 6 years for a christening was unusual in those days when an interval of 2-4 weeks was relatively common
    I would be fascinated to have copies of any dees or leases that you have for Dagworth Hall that have Thomas in ownership of the house or lease
    Regards
    Malcolm Blomfield
    (ggggrandson of Thomas)

Dear Malcolm,

Thanks for getting in touch. I actually discovered just a few weeks ago that Thomas Blomfield couldn’t have lived at Dagworth Hall, so I need to update the site. I’ve been delaying this while I try to work out where the Blomfields did in fact live, which remains a bit of a puzzle, as follows…

My source placing the Blomfields at Dagworth Hall was Major Patey’s 1985 history of Dagworth, and in fact a copy of the Augustus Earle portrait of Thomas Valentine has hung in our hall for the past 5 years and we have welcomed some of your relatives in the mistaken belief that he was born here. But having started a few weeks ago to work through some of the newspapers I found the following that contradict the claim that Thomas Blomfield lived at Dagworth Hall:
      * Multiple entries from 1793 onwards placing John Jacob at Dagworth Hall, up to his death in 1824
      * An ad. in the Bury and Norwich Post 10 June 1812 (p2) (image added to my C19th page) for the sale of Captain Blomfield’s farm at Dagworth with an area of 102A. 1R. 4P. and “a genteel brick and sash-fronted dwelling house” … “situated upon a pleasing eminence, commanding extensive and picturesque views of the surrounding delightful country”

This description could not be of Dagworth Hall, which has never been brick fronted, is in a valley, and has always had about 200A of land. It is tempting to accept the suggestion of Dagworth Farm, which is indeed located on a “pleasing eminence”, but again we struggle with “brick and sash-fronted”, and in the 1841 Tithe Map, Dagworth Farm had only 64A of land (though perhaps this was the Freehold land, and the remainder of the 100A in the 1812 ad. was Copyhold).

Another ad. in the Morning Chronicle on 19 June 1819 (p1) provides a nearly identical description of a farm for sale through the same agent by a Mr Kemble (or Kemball), with the additional information that it lies within 3 miles of the Stowmarket Navigation, has a right of commonage on Haughley Green, and that there is gravel, chalk and clay upon the estate. Again, these descriptions could be consistent with Dagworth Farm, with the exception of the brick and sash-fronted house.

Lastly, when Thomas Blomfield died in 1833, we know from an ad. in the Ipswich Journal on 5 October (p3) that he was living at Sorrells Hall, which is also in Dagworth, and which is actually “a genteel brick and sash-fronted” house and is located on a “pleasing eminence”. Could he have lived at Sorrells previously, sold it and returned? This is my current favourite theory, but I am still working on the pieces of the jigsaw. I understand that the current owners of Sorrells have a lot of the old deeds, so I will enquire and let you know.

I hope this is of some help: do let me know if you uncover any other clues. I have become a great admirer of Thomas Valentine Blomfield, so I shall follow any discoveries on his ancestry with interest.

Thanks again for getting in touch.

Best wishes, Jeremy

• Jeremy says:

Dear Malcolm, in case you are still monitoring this thread, I now believe that the Blomfields were at Red House Farm, Dagworth – please see my recent notes. Also, Errol Roberts would like to get in touch with you per his note below – do get in touch if you are interested. Best wishes, Jeremy

7. michelle says:

I was doing a bit of research on my Cubitts Suffolk & Norfolk and came across this reference to residence 1891

Piece: RG12/1456 Place: Stow -Suffolk Enumeration District: 8
    Civil Parish: Old Newton Ecclesiastical Parish: St Marys
    Folio: 78 Page: 12 Schedule: 74
    Address: Dagworth Hall
    Surname First name(s) Rel Status Sex Age Occupation Where Born Remarks
    CUBITT Robert Head W M 66 Bailiff(Em’ee) Suffolk – Stowupland
    CUBITT Nathan Son S M 28 Stockman(Em’ee) Suffolk – Old Newton
    CUBITT David Son S M 26 Farm Labourer(Em’ee) Suffolk – Old Newton
    SCHOLES Ellen H. Servnt M F 43 Housekeeper(Em’ee) Suffolk – Wetheringsett
    SCHOLES Helen L Servnt S F 17 Servant(Em’ee) Suffolk – Wetheringsett

cheers Michelle

• Jeremy says:

Thanks Michelle, this is helpful!

I really need to add the data I have on file for the C19th to the empty page on the website: you’ve reminded me that it’s still completely blank, sorry for that!

In the info I have, Robert Cubitt and family first show up at Dagworth in the 1861 census. We know that Thomas Woodward and family were living at Dagworth Hall in 1859 because his daughter Emily was born there. We also have an 1859 map of Dagworth Hall farm, which appears to be have been drawn up for its sale by the Bishopric of Norwich.

My guess is that William Lankester purchased the farm in 1859, and installed Robert Cubitt at Dagworth Hall as his bailiff. The Ipswich Journal 21 April 1866 p8 and the Bury and Norwich Post 24 April p8 reported a fire at William Lankester’s farm at Dagworth Hall on 18 April, which was started accidentally by Robert’s son Daniel.

The 1901 census shows Robert aged 77 having married his housekeeper Ellen Scholes and farming on his own account just across the fields at Red House Farm. It shows Robert’s sons Solomon and Nathan living with their respective families at Dagworth Hall. Pip Wright’s recent book “Lucky is the name” presents the memoirs of Alfred Burrows (who farmed Dagworth from about 1929 to 1949), which mention Solomon.

I hope some of that may be helpful for you. I’ve had contact with someone who might be a distant cousin of yours, one of Robert’s descendents, so do get in touch again if you’d like me to put you in contact.

Thanks again for the information, Jeremy

8. vic pearson says:

My paternal grandmothers family all came from Old Newton. The surnames are Codd, Barnes, and Rampling. Emma Codd, my gg grandmother was born in 1830 in old newton. she married John Barnes in 1846 and gave birth to Hannah Barnes in
    1847. On Hannahs birth certificate is says she was born in Dagworth. In 1851 She is listed as living with her grandparents, edward and dinah codd in old newton. Emma Barnes is listed as working as a domestic near stowmarket. that is the last record of her. other than on the birth certificate and marrage records where his is listed as John Barrens i have been unable to find any indication of who John Barnes was or his origin. i wonder if you might have any ideas for me regarding finding this lost couple.
    regards vic pearson. perth australia

9. Jeremy says:

Hi Vic,

Thanks for getting in touch. I haven’t encountered this family in my research so far, but I will keep a look out for them. Codd and Rampling are good Suffolk names which were certainly still in the village when I was a boy. Although I am a Barnes, my roots are not Suffolk, so no help there I’m afraid! Good luck with your search, Jeremy

10. Errol says:

Dear Jeremy,
    I do not know if you are still at Dagworth Hall and I have noted your enthusiasm for Thomas Valentine Blomfield. I am researching a more modern member of the Blomfield’s and was fascinated by your findings on the origin of the family. I have several questions. Firstly have you finally come to a conclusion as to whether Thomas senior lived in Dagworth Farm or Dagworth Hall – I note that you still have him in your list of occupants? Secondly do you know if Thomas junior was born there, for how long and perhaps if he attended local school or /and church?

Finally, since I am researching the Blomfield’s I wonder if you might forward my name and email to Malcolm Blomfield and enquire if he might correspond with me?

Thankyou and congratulations on a well structured and designed site.
    Dr Errol F I Roberts

Dear Errol,

I’m so sorry for my slow response, the past few weeks have been very busy! I do have answers for you and will post them as soon as I may.

Thank you for your interest and kind feedback.

Best wishes, Jeremy

• Errol says:

Thank you Jeremy, I await your news and information with sincere anticipation, Thanks Errol

• Errol says:

Dera Jeremy,
        I hope that I haven’t missed any of your answers to my questions if sio could you possibly contact me by my e-mail address?
        Best Wishes
        Errol

Dear Errol,

My apologies again for this very delayed response.

Having reviewed my previous comments (above) on where the Blomfields lived up to 1812, I found that I had little more to offer, and so I have taken some time to do some more digging.

Thomas Blomfield sold his farm at Dagworth in late 1812 (newspaper ads for sale of the estate and then for an auction of his livestock and furniture on 20/21 November – in both cases, the agent/auctioneer was George Biddell).

A farm at Dagworth with a near-identical description was sold by a Mr Kemble / Kemball in 1819 (auction of livestock etc 5 October). Again, the agent/auctioneer was George Biddell.

Again, what appears to be the same farm at Dagworth was advertised to be auctioned by George Biddell on 17 June 1824 and in July 1825 for the owner and proprietor Mr Samuel Peck. It evidently did not sell, because on 26 September 1826, George Biddell auctioned “the stock and agricultural effects of Mr Samuel Peck, who has let his estate.”

In the 1841 Tithe Map for Old Newton, Samuel Peck is shown as the landowner of Red House Farm, Dagworth. In 1844, Mr John Peck of Red House, Farmer, was listed in William White’s “History, Gazetteer & Directory of Suffolk” as a landowner in Dagworth.

Although the Old Newton Tithe Map shows the farm as just 25 acres, it also has land in Haughley. I’ve not had a chance to check the acreage there, but from the newspaper descriptions and the chain of evidence, plus the lack of plausible alternatives, Red House is currently my best guess. There’s a nice picture of the front of the house on their website at redhousefarmhaughley.co.uk, owned by the Noy family, who have been friends since my childhood.

The newspaper ads include the following descriptive points:
          • “in Dagworth Hamlet”
          • “within 3 miles of Stowmarket”
          • “a genteel brick and sash-fronted dwelling house”
          • “situated upon a pleasing eminence, commanding extensive and picturesque views of the surrounding delightful country”
          • “two capital parlours 16 by 15 feet”
          • “102A. 1R. 4P. (by Bransby’s survey)”
          • gravel, chalk and clay upon the estate
          • right of commonage on Haughley Green

Just to account for the other possibilities:
          “Brick and sash-fronted” excludes both Dagworth Hall and Dagworth Farm, Silver Street (although the latter might fit the rest of the description).
          Sorrels Hall would fit nicely, but on 1 October 1819 George Biddell was selling the effects of Mr Henry Case there, and it is explicitly described as Sorrels, so it seems unlikely that this was Kemball’s farm.
          Tothill House could also fit, but it is only 1.5-2 miles from Stowmarket, and Tothill has never been considered part of Dagworth (eg when Simon Codd sold a farm there in 1803, it was described as at Tothill, not in Dagworth).
          Boards Farm and Bridge Farm are also too close to Stowmarket, and are in the valley.
          Anywhere else is stretching too far out of Dagworth, I think.

I’ll keep you posted if I find anything else.

Best wishes,

Jeremy

• Jeremy says:

I should also have added, re Dagworth Farm, Silver Street, that in the 1841 Tithe Map it is shown as 64a.0r.6p., so nearly 40 acres of its land would have had to have been sold between 1825 and 1841 for this to fit.

11. Errol says:

Thanks for all your work, Jeremy. It would appear that your research does rule out Dagworth Hall and that Red House Farm could be the residence of Thomas and that Thomas is recorded of having died at Haughley in 1825 adds evidence that it was certainly not Dagworth Hall. Thanks also for putting me in touch with Malcolm.

12. Michele Palmer says:

I note yr interest in Thomas Valentine Blomfield. My gg grandfather was assigned to him in 1830 at “Dagworth”, Wallis Plains, East Maitland. Unfortunately the homestead no longer exists but there is a plaque. I have some photos and ‘bits and pieces’ in my own (as yet unpublished) family history that may interest you.
    Michele

Hi Michelle,

Thanks for getting in touch, I’d love to see any materials you can share please, especially a photo of the plaque. Feel free to create an account and post to the blog, or please email to me on dagworth at steventon-barnes.com

Let me know if I can help with anything you need in the UK for your research.

Thanks and best wishes, Jeremy

13. Susie Graham says:

Hello Jeremy,

I am a descendant of Thomas Valentine, visiting London for 5 months and coming north next week.

I was planning to drive through the Dagworth area next Thursday 11 June. While looking on the web for the exact address of Dagworth Hall, I found your “updated” information which says TV was not born there after all. Just wondered whether any new information has come to light about the subject. If not, I shall drive through the area anyway to see where he came from.

Kind regards
    Susie Graham (Blomfield)

• Jeremy says:

Hi Susie, I’ve no new info, but I am pretty sure that Red House Farm is the right place as above. I’ve not yet spoken to the Noys (it’s been a busy year and I now live across the county), but the thing that would clinch it I think would be to check the measurement of their ground floor rooms: “two capital parlours 16 by 15 feet”. They actually offer bed & breakfast, so you could even stay a night in your ancestor’s house if you’ve time! I hope the weather is good for your visit – drop me a note to dagworth at steventon-barnes.com if you need any help or directions or if you’d like me to call ahead for you. Best wishes, Jeremy

14. Tyrel Brim says:

hi there, been searching for more info on breme of dagworth. Apparently my ancestry comes back to him and was curious about why he was famous etc. Trying to piece to gether some family history, we are related to Erik the red as well, not sure if there is any link there or not. I am american and it seems history overseas is hard to reach even on line so if anyone has knowledge i would be grateful to hear. thank you

Hi Tyrel,

Thanks for getting in touch. It would be pretty cool to be able to trace your ancestry to Breme!

Alas, everything we know about him is from the Domesday book. To fill that out, it’s easiest to offer an excerpt from the book I’m (slowly) writing on Dagworth (see below). I hope it’s of some help – unfortunately, the BBC has blocked my YouTube excerpt from Michael Wood’s excellent documentary The Great British Story, but they’ve shared a bit of it here:

Do please keep in touch with anything else you discover.

Best wishes,

Jeremy

This is everything we know about Breme: that he was a free man, that he had 1½ carucates of land (probably about 180 acres) at Dagworth, with some details about that land, and that he was killed at Hastings. We know nothing else about him.

And yet, nearly 1000 years after his death, Michael Wood told his story in a TV series, and I am writing about him. Why? The easy answer is that he is unusual: while King Harold’s army at Hastings may have numbered 7000-8000 men, many of whom lost their lives, only a handful of them are named in contemporary records: Harold himself with his brothers Gyrth and Leofwine (from the Anglo-Saxon Chronicle), Godric the sheriff and Thurkill of Berkshire (from the Chronicon Abingdon), a man known only as “son of Helloc” (from the Carmen de Hastingae Proelio), and from Domesday Ӕlfric of Yelling and Hemingford Grey, Huntingdonshire, and our man Breme of Dagworth. The other references in Domesday to people killed at Hastings are two unnamed men who held in Tytherley, Hampshire and an unnamed free man from Shelfanger, Norfolk.

So Breme is special because he is one of the few people we can name with certainty as having died at Hastings. Also, he was a free man, not a noble, so he offers a glimpse of the price that ordinary Saxons paid to defend their land, a named representative of the many like the unknown man from Shelfanger. This is why Michael Wood wanted to tell his story, but there is something more. According to PASE, the name Breme is unique in Anglo-Saxon sources. The same is true of many of the names in the database, but Breme is an Anglo-Saxon word which means “famous”: Beowulf contains the line “Beowulf wæs breme, blæd wide sprang”, meaning “Famed was Beowulf: far flew the boast of him”, and perhaps Breme was our man’s real name. Still, I am tantalised by the speculation that “Breme” was an epithet by which this man had become known in his locality by the time of the Domesday survey in 1086. Perhaps his real name was something quite different, and 20 years after he died defending his country at Hastings, people remembered him simply as “famous”: a local hero.

But this is just speculation. That we know his name at all is an accident: his was recorded, while that of the free man from Shelfanger was not. Yet both of them died, and because they fought at Hastings, their land was declared forfeit and granted by the new King William to his supporters. By the time of Domesday, together with its neighbouring manors of Haughley, Wetherden, [Old] Newton, and others, Breme’s land at Dagworth had been given to Hugh de Montfort, who in turn granted Dagworth to one William fitz Gross.

15. Tyrel Brim says:

wow thank you so much :) i really appreciate the feedback from you. Too bad history wasnt this fun in school haha. thank you again, if i learn anything more that relates to dagworth i will be sure to post what i learn. thanks again :)

16. Tyrel Brim says:

My fathers dna test shows that he is 46% great brittan, and the rest of his make up is like norse, swedish, german, etc. 100% european, we thought we had a great deal more norse which only made up 2% of his genetics. Amazing how everything is coming together on my search to learn where we come from, and proud to find something such as this and the knowledge you have given is excellent! thank you so much again :)